Ferrari are trying to help development driver Jules Bianchi find a place on the grid for 2013, the team has confirmed.
“We are currently trying to find him a role in Formula One and when we have some news, we will let you know,” said team principal Stefano Domenicali.
Bianchi, who finished as runner-up in Formula Renault 3.5 last year, has been part of Ferrari’s Driver Academy since 2009 and tested for the team on several occasions.
Last year he made nine appearance during practice sessions for Force India. They are one of two teams yet to announce their driver line-up for 2013.
Paul di Resta is expected to retain his place at the team and Bianchi is believed to be in the running for the second seat.
2013 F1 season
- Mercedes originally favoured Heidfeld for Hamilton’s seat
- Take F1 Fanatic’s new 2013 season quiz
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
Browse all 2013 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Force India